Since 2006, The Model PTA is Georgia PTA’s premiere family engagement program designed to:
- Encourage and direct the Local Unit PTA to accomplish the requirements to be “In Good Standing”;
- Provide a strong format and define an effective process for family engagement, advocacy, increase membership, and strengthen partnerships in the school community; and
- Assist the local school to fulfill the family engagement compliance portion of the Every Student Succeeds Act.
Georgia PTA invites every Local Unit PTA and encourages every Council PTA leader to support their respective Local Unit PTAs to:
- Learn and implement the National Standards for Family-School Partnerships with all stakeholders in the local school community
- Complete The Model PTA, click here for forms and information from the Leadership Resource Guide, pages 204 – 208
- Complete the Hearst Family-School Partnership Award, click here for forms and information from the Leadership Resource Guide, pages 209 – 210
- Apply for the National PTA Schools of Excellence, enrollment now open – May 1, 2018 to October 1, 2018
If you have any questions, would like training on family engagement resources, would like to talk about innovative ideas you have, or are interested in joining the Family Engagement Committee – please email the Family Engagement Committee Chair.