High School Scholarship Program
In keeping with our policy of providing quality education for young people, Georgia PTA goes one step further by assisting qualified students who wish to continue their education beyond high school. Georgia PTA Scholarships, the first of which was established in 1963, are funded solely through memberships, local unit PTA, Council contributions and other donations.
Georgia PTA Scholarships assist students who have successfully completed high school and who are interested in furthering their education in a college, university or post-secondary institution. The number of awards and amounts of each scholarship vary year-to-year depending on the donations.
This is a one-year, non-renewable grant.
A student is eligible to apply for a Georgia PTA Student Scholarship if:
- A graduating senior of a Georgia high school with a PTA/PTSA (in good standing)
- Student and/or parent/guardian is a current member of PTA/PTSA.
- Will attend a college, university, or trade/vocational school during the upcoming school year.
- Has exhibited good character.
- Has a satisfactory scholastic record. Grade point 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Has NOT received a full scholarship(s) college, university, or trade/vocational school.
- Is NOT related to a member of the Georgia PTA Board of Directors nor an appointed Specialist or Consultant.
Checklist: Completed and signed where needed by applicant and parent/guardian.
Deadline: by 11:59PM, Friday, May 27, 2022